Sunday, March 29, 2009

We had a ball

It's only a few times a year that Nic's side of the family gets together with everyone. We're all kinda spread out pretty good. So we were all looking forward to Aunt Jane and Uncle Carl's annual picnic and kick ball game at their house near Ft. Myers. The girls were looking forward to the day despite the fact that they don't particularly care for long car rides. Kristin is usually pretty good... it's Kaylee that gets car sick! However, we made it there and back with no queasiness, so all was good! It was nice to make the drive with Bill and Marquel as well seeing as how we haven't seen much of Marquel lately. It was nice to catch up and chat along the way. As we pulled up, we were surprised to see that Aunt Yvonne had made the trip all the way from Indianapolis for the gathering (it also probably helps that she has a new grandson, Max down here to get her hands on too!). The weather could not have been more perfect to be outside. It was gorgeous!! Aunt Jane and Uncle Carl's house is on a huge piece of land where the kids can safely run all over the place and I don't have to worry. They LOVE that freedom!! Soon after we ate, Aunt Jane made sure that every tennis shoe wearing individual was out on the field for a fun game of kick ball. I totally missed this, but somehow, Nic and Bill end up being captains. As expected, most of the men get picked first... Todd... Uncle Mike... Greg... Uncle Carl...etc. then Melinda in her soccer cleats......I'm still standing there.... all the little kids get picked and my own husband has STILL not picked me!! Finally I was picked (LAST) by Bill (thanks for throwing me a bone, boys!). Which is just as good anyways because after I kicked once and made it to second base, I was on kid patrol since Kristin had no interest and wanted to play elsewhere. I was impressed with Kaylee and her endurance as she played the entire game and worked her little legs hard each time it was her turn to kick. After singing Happy Birthday to Grampa Weitzel, who celebrates his 85th birthday this April, we said our goodbyes until the holidays and headed home.
Kristin posing for the camera (which is a rare and unusual occurrence so I'll take it when I can get it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment