Sunday, March 8, 2009

What's my purpose here?


So I've recently been intrigued by the whole blog phenomenon... I mean a few months ago I had no idea what the REAL purpose of a blog was. Then I stumbled upon a great blog of a friend of mine. After perusing a few of her posts, I was hooked. Reading each blog post was like chapters in a book to me. Now there are a few things I feel inclined to mention... (1) at the beginning of her blog archive her and her family were going through the process of an international adoption (hence the inspiration and initial PURPOSE of her blog)---so VERY exciting information to read about, and (2) her craft of writing is amazing and alluring... it draws you in as a reader and makes you want to read more. But as I continued to read it, and as her daughter's adoption became final, her blogs turned into scripts and details about their normal day to day family life. I mean we all live it, right? But it was still fascinating to read for some reason.



Well, after a recent conversation with her about her blog, she told me the coolest thing ever. At the end of each year, she gets her entire blog posts and pictures just as they are online published into a coffee table type book. Seeing as how I am literally YEARS behind in my scrapbooking, I thought this was the solution to my problem. When something happens that I want to remember, I can snap, crackle, pop it onto my blog and voila, it's documented with journaling and pictures and all. AND better yet, my thoughts on the event or whatnot is fresh in my mind so it's truly journaling right from my heart. Unlike trying to think back to a moment that happened three years ago with my kids and "fake it" as I write what was going on in the picture. I was SOLD!!



So here I am with my first post and I've come to the conclusion that my PURPOSE of creating and (hopefully!) maintaining this blog is to first and foremost document my family events and day to day life to preserve and cherish the memories because I know it slips by way too fast. And in the process of doing this, I also considered the fact that what better way to keep family and friends that we don't talk to all that often in the loop? So here we go.......The Rasmussen 411 has begun!!!

2 comments:

  1. I looks great! And turns out you are a gifted writer afterall! Stick with it! I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Courtney... And you are so right in saying that 'it' goes fast, so enjoy each day, cherish the moments, try not to complain, before you know it, all will change and you will want for the old times. Love to you and your, Sincerely Sioux

    ReplyDelete